Friday, July 25, 2008

Some things about me...

1) What was I doing 10 years ago?

I was 17, between my junior and senior years of high school. I think this was the year I worked at Busch Gardens in a store selling teddy bears and Hello Kitty products (yuck!) I was probably going on college visits & I think I took a community college entry-level calculus class (for apparently no reason, other than I like school.) I also had questionable hair style choices.

2) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today?

(1) Not get eaten by a bear. (2) Try to pick up some editing jobs. (3) Figure out what to make with a pound of ground turkey for dinner. (4) Look up possible hikes for the weekend. (5) Umm, I've got nothing. My life is pretty stress-free these days.

3) Snacks I enjoy:

Snacks. I love snacks. In fact, I hardly ever eat lunch, I just snack. A co-worker once said to me, after observing my lun
ch every day, "You really like snacks, don't you?" Snacks mostly include apples, pretzels, any crunchy-type cracker, rice cakes, almonds, and dried fruit. However, I have a horrible weakness for chips (of both the potato and corn varieties.) I could eat a bag of chips a day, but luckily I was also blessed with self-discipline. Jason & I like to refer to our snacks by name, i.e., "chicken-snack" or "salsa-snack." He is also fond of "burrito-snack," but me, not so much.

4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire:

I probably would still have a job, but I would be very picky about what job it was (otherwise I'd get bored.) I'd move to a city (maybe Santa Fe, or maybe somewhere like Seattle) and have a really awesome craftsman-style house. One room would have built-in bookshelves on all four walls and I'd compile the library of my dreams. I'd give my parents money so that they could retire, and I know I should say I'd give some to charity. But, I'd really have to research what I gave my money to, because I'm pretty much suspicious of everything these days. I'd also go on vacations all the time and buy some of that buffalo yarn.

5) Places I have lived:
I was born in Arlington, VA, and moved to Alexandria, VA, when I was young. Before high school my dad got a new job and we moved to Williamsburg, VA, where I also went to college. In college, I studied abroad in Cork, Ireland. After graduation, I lived in Carlsbad Caverns National Park, NM, and Larned, KS. I went to grad school in Newark, DE, before moving back to Carlsbad, NM. I just moved from Yellowstone National Park, WY, to a different area of the park near West Yellowstone, MT.

6) Jobs I have had:

My first jobs were at Busch Gardens Williamsburg, in shops in the Germany and New France areas. I also have worked as:
- Hostess in an Italian restaurant
- Assistant at an art museum
- Cashier at Target
- Education person at a national park
- Editor/graphic designer at electron microscope company
- Park ranger
- Science camp instructor
- Slide librarian
- Registration assistant at a decorative arts museum/mansion/gardens
- Graphic artist
- Editor
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...