Saturday, October 18, 2008

I'm a Little Teapot... I mean, not really

I've never thought of myself as the type of person who would knit a tea cozy; and yet, I did. (Although I prefer to think of this as a "teapot jacket.") My mother-in-law gave me this little teapot for my birthday this year, and I thought a little more insulation might make the tea stay warm longer.

It's basically a garter stitch rectangle, with crocheted loops and wood beads for a closure. I made sort of a huge button hole for the spout to go through. I know, not too exciting, but all of my other knitting looks like blobs right now.

9 comments:

Emily said...

Tea cozies actually do help keep the tea warmer, longer. Your teapot jacket is nice... but I really love your mug! I was just thinking this morning how I need more great mugs.

wordlily said...

Congrats! You won. Check out the Hour 8 post on Dewey's blog and email me with your choice!

wordlily AT gmail

Iliana said...

Hi Sarah - Just stopping by to say thanks for being a cheerleader :)

Heather J. said...

Oh I LOVE it! I collect tea pots (go figure, right?!) and I'm thinking I might want to collect tea cozies too. :)

alisonwonderland said...

i have a friend who knits - i'm so in awe of this sort of thing.

thanks for stopping by to cheer me on!

Yarn Mama... said...

Remember that story about the man who brought us all that yarn to the coffee shop? In his mom's stash, I grabbed a kit to make a tea cozy. I'll have to check it out, and maybe I'll make it for you! :)

knittinandnoodlin said...

Awwww. So cute!

joanne said...

I once knitted Iffy a Gerber Multi-Tool cozy in a camo yarn. It doesn't get much use.

Kristin J said...

I can't stop laughing at Joanne's comment. You should knit a holster for your hubby.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...