Thursday, September 25, 2008

Bunny

Ever since my sister saw the first bunny I knitted about two years ago, she has wanted one for herself. The original was given to a tiny baby, who is now past his second birthday and talking! So, for her 26th birthday, I decided to knit up another.

I used Lion Brand Microspun, which is quite soft, and the pattern is from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. The pattern is easy to follow, but this is one of those projects where the finishing takes longer than the actual knitting. There are arms to sew on, four ear parts to put together, and stuffing. Even so, this only took me about 3 days to put together. I really like the result, since it has a sort of folk art feel.

4 comments:

Julie said...

It's so cute! I love it. :D

muchadored said...

So cute! I really should knit a little critter of some sort; I've never knitted toys!

Kristin J said...

I love it too. I think I have seen it somewhere else. It looks just like a baby gift I got for Lucas. It is one of my most treasured baby gifts because someone took the time to make it by hand just for my baby and because it was the first thing Lucas fell in love with and couldn't sleep without. It will always be so special.

joanne said...

I started knitting a squid/octopus thing while I was still pregnant. It has about 10 or eleven legs so I'm not sure exactly what it is.
It was one of those werid things that just happens as you are going along. It also is about 95% done. The finishing is more of a pain in the butt then I want to deal with right now.

I hope your sister hasn't read your blog and now already knows what she is getting for her birthday! A very cool lookin little bunny.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...