Saturday, May 31, 2008

Ooh, the heat!

I know it's not interesting anymore to talk about how hot it is in Southern New Mexico, but it's so freakin' hot here! Here's the forecast for the next 5 days:

Yesterday my day was made way more exciting by the arrival of not one, but TWO birthday yarn packages! Thank you Mango, a woman after my own heart, and Jax, who traveled all the way to Ireland to buy me some yarn from the yarn shop I used to patronize while living in Cork. I now have yarn for 2 more pairs of socks, and 2 balls each of Debbie Bliss Rialto Aran (Merino Wool - very soft) and Twilleys of Stanford Freedom Spirit (wool), possibly for hats or other accessories.

Mango also sent me some beautiful stitch markers - quite an upgrade from the plastic rings from Wal-Mart I have been using! Thank you!

I have been knitting something for a while now that I neglected to mention. Right now its a blue blob, but very soon it will be the ribbed shrug from Fitted Knits. The ribbing is going to end up taking more yarn than the actual body! I'm hoping it fits, since I sort of guessed on the size - I've never knit anything that used back width for sizing. Most of the finished ones I've seen are pretty sweet looking, and it will help to keep me warm during the frigid summer we're having...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...