Tuesday, May 13, 2008

6 Random Things

I've been tagged by Ashleigh at Random Field Notes to share 6 random things about me... I've never been tagged before! Here are the rules:

The rules ::
: Link to the person that tagged you
: Post the rules somewhere in your meme
: Write the six random things
: Tag six people in your post
: Let the tagees know they’ve been chosen by leaving a comment on their blog
: Let the tagger know your entry is post

1) I'm possibly unhealthily obsessed with lists. For example, I keep track of all the books I read - in at least three places. I have a written list, a spreadsheet, and a list on goodreads. Along with that, I have lists of books I want to read, a log of every time I work out, grocery lists, yarn shopping lists. . . and the list goes on.

2) I was almost in the movie Hearts In Atlantis. A couple of friends and I went to the open call for extras, and were cast in a carnival scene. Unfortunately, we got a call late one night saying we would have to show up the next day, which happened to be a day most of us had college exams. Oh well, I'll just have to find another way to be famous.

3) I really love throwing things away. When I finish something out of the refrigerator and throw the container away, I'm filled with a huge sense of accomplishment. Take that! ketchup bottle! You thought you'd be around forever? Oh yeah? - Well I finished you! Muhahaha....

4) I haven't eaten red meat or pork for 7 years. I have never missed it and have never had a craving for a hamburger or anything like that. I don't really do it for moral reasons, but mainly for health and thinking that meat is "gross." But you have to admit, watching a cow being slaughtered is pretty disturbing. Chickens I don't have a problem with. I would totally chop the head off of a chicken if it came down to it.

5) I don't really like dogs (hot or otherwise.) I do ok with small dogs that remain quiet, but I feel like they require too much attention and are generally slobbery and hairy. Plus, there are a great many dogs that approach or surpass my weight, which makes me scared of them. I have felt panic rising in my chest more than once while being chased on my bike by a pit bull. When my cat tries to bite me, I laugh and mock her.

6) For some reason some Jehovah's Witnesses were bent on converting me a few years ago. When they showed up for the third time at my door, I had to resort to lying. They said, "Is Sarah there?" I said, "Um, no." The woman responded, "Wow, you two look alike." "Um, we're sisters. Uh, she's gone to visit our mom," I said. I'm pretty sure they were on to me, but they went away. Now if the doorbell rings and I'm not expecting anyone, I won't answer it. (I'm pretty sure I've told this story before. Deal.)

Now I'm going to break the rules by not tagging anyone. If you want to list 6 things about yourself, go ahead, consider yourself tagged.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...