Monday, January 05, 2009

Year-End Wrap-Up: Knitting

This has definitely been the year of hats. Out of the 16 projects that I completed, 8 of them were hats. I also finished 3 pairs of socks, a pair of mittens, a stuffed rabbit, one sweater, one shrug, and a little teapot jacket.

At the beginning of 2008 I decided to learn colorwork, knitting with two colors of yarn at the same time. And I did... but I haven't finished that hat yet, because as I said, I know it won't fit so I have lost all motivation. I only have about 10 rows to go, so hopefully it will be done sometime soon. The important thing is that I learned a new knitting skill.

I also discovered this (past) year that I love cables! I hope to knit a fairly complicated cable project in 2009, perhaps the Bayerische Socks. Having only knitted two pairs of socks for myself last year, I definitely need to remedy that situation. I have a number of great patterns in my Ravelry queue that are serving as motivation. I also hope to knit more sweaters, since I only finished one last year.

The great news about my impeding move is that I will once again be within reasonable distance of yarn stores, and will be able to attend Maryland Sheep and Wool this year! I also hope to join a knitting group again. I greatly miss my Delaware Knitters, who provided such great conversation and inspiration with their knitted projects. There's a lot coming up this year, and I am trying to look forward with excitement instead of stress.

6 comments:

knittinandnoodlin said...

Wow! Isn't it so cool to see everything you knit last year in once place?

The Bayerische socks are wild looking! I've been looking forward to trying cabled socks, too...they're on the agenda once I finish the Jaywalkers.

joanne said...

What??? You mean that Walmart doesn't provide you with an adequate yarn selection?? Think of all the really cool baby blankets you could crochet with a pound of Red Heart! (that will get all pilly and gross looking within a month)

I like those socks, they're neato. I want to make some Nordic-ish color mittens someday.

Hey have you ever steeked anything? That's also on my list of things to learn someday.

Kristin J said...

I like seeing all your projects together. You have completed so many beautiful things this year.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Bayserische sock that you plan on doing. It looks like it would be REALLY hard.

This year I am determined to learn how to quilt. So maybe you could give me pointers. . .

Veronica said...

Hooray for hats! If you get started on Bayerische, let me know... mine has been languishing, untouched, for over a year.

muchadored said...

Hats are so great! Jason always calls them "the snack food of the knitting world." He's very proud of that little chestnut.

Bayerische is so gorgeous; can't wait to see them! Also, how do you like "The other Boleyn girl"? I got it for Christmas, but won't be able to start for quite some time.

Andrew said...

I'd like to read about my pirate coffee protector next. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...