Saturday, June 13, 2009

Settling in

Is it wrong to want a vacation from moving? Unpacking was the easy part; finding places for all the things we unpacked is not so easy. It's also hard to put things away when your living room looks like this:
I'm pretty sure the cat is around here somewhere...

I've been tackling my long list of projects one by one. First up was to get my vegetables in the ground (or rather, in the dirt in plastic bins) because I got a late start this year. Beans, zucchini, green onions, and peppers have all sprouted. I'm excited to see these plants actually grow instead of withering and dying in 110-degree heat, like last year.

I also planted some flowers. I can sort of see how gardening might become addicting. Aren't the black leaves on this one great?

Here's the one room I have finished: my craft storage room. I'm not calling this my craft room, because I doubt any actual crafting will happen there because of lack of a window. On the walls I installed some eye screws and ran hemp string through them to serve as my revolving art gallery. I think this would be a really great way to display kids' art, since they seem to be mass producers.

In knitting (spinning?) news, last week my knitting group held its monthly spinning off-shoot. Just look at all those wheels! Somewhere many sheep are enjoying their summer haircuts.

9 comments:

Amy ER said...

How many trees give their lives for each NPS move?? They wrap the dumbest stuff in wads of paper.

Good luck with your garden babies!

Charley said...

I like your revolving art gallery.

muchadored said...

So glad you're settling in! Good luck with the veggies; I can't wait to have a house so we can grow some, too!

Julie said...

Totally jealous of your flowers and veggies! I wish I had more know how and patience to grow stuff here.

Kristin J said...

The overwhelming stack of boxes looks a little too familiar. I am glad to hear that you are getting settled finally. It must feel good to be surrounded by your belongings again.

crazyknittinglady said...

I have a great mental image now of relieved, shorn sheep sitting next to a bunch of spinners ;)

petunialu said...

the garden looks great! So do the spinning wheels! I love the sight of a line of wheels in a row like that...

Veronica said...

Hooray, I'm glad to see all the little plants, and even all the boxes. The worst of the unpacking will be over soon. I ship my last set of boxes today and fly back tomorrow!

Chile said...

No, it is not wrong to want a vacation from moving! I just helped a friend unpack her house - she had the same problem finding places to put everything - and she was able to sell most of her boxes on craigslist to keep the clutter down. If nothing else, just breaking them down helps take up less space.

PS: she did take a short vacation afterwards. LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...