Sunday, November 23, 2008

Fall? Winter?

I spent the morning dealing with this:

Actually I shouldn't say "the morning," because it was 1) after noon and 2) more like 15 minutes. We don't own a rake, as it is New Mexico and you generally don't have to rake up after cacti. But, our neighbors have a giant tree in their yard, which they allow to shed right into our yard. They really need to punish that tree for being so rude. Anyway, because we don't have a rake, I used my hands, ghetto style. I did see this cool stick bug though:

I don't have too many projects to report on, mostly because this time of year is super-secret Christmas present making time. There is a big yarn pile living on the coffee table, providing endless temptation for the cat. As you can see, the yarn pile is next to the reading pile, which I am also attempting to complete before the end of year.

Oh, I did finish another hat for my cousin, who specifically requested it. He's going to climb some ridiculously tall mountain in Mexico next week, allowing my knitting to travel the world.

Other than that, I have been making cooking plans for Thanksgiving. I bought my first turkey this weekend, so does that make me officially an adult? And what is up with a turkey breast being $15?

8 comments:

knittinandnoodlin said...

I love the stick bug! The purple and green yarn look great together...are they going into the same project?

Have fun cooking your first turkey!

muchadored said...

Our neighbors' tree sheds all over our yard, too! Of course we rent, so I don't have to rake, but our landlord never does it, either. So many maple leaves everywhere!

I really like that hat. It's simple, but it looks really pretty. What yarn did you use?

Kris said...

i totally love walking stick bugs. so cool that you have one in the yard!

the hat looks great - i love the simplicity and the color.

Kristin J said...

15 DOLLARS!! I just got a bone-in turkey breast at Sam's Club for $8. That's an impressive stack of books. Let's see a picture of the cat "helping" you knit.

joanne said...

Hey! Your coffee table looks alot like my dining room table. Except not as many books, just alot of other...stuff.

Susan said...

My roomie loves those kind of bugs. I like the hat, too. Just started making one from the Boutique Knits book.

joanne said...

I like your new picture with the socks!

Jax said...

Is that new banner just a picture of your sock drawer?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...