Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Finished!

I finished a sweater! I admire people who can just churn these things out, since it takes me several months to complete a sweater. I started this one last November. Without further ado...


There were several men fishing down by the river when I took pictures of myself in the park during lunch. They probably think I'm insane. But then again they're the ones fishing in a river that you can't swim in for all the disgustingness.

The pattern is from Garnstudio Drops Design, 97-18 Tailored Cardigan. I changed the garter stitch border to seed stitch, and I did the shaping at the sides rather than in the middle. Once again, the sleeves didn't fit. This is the second Drops pattern this has happened with, but then again maybe its just me. I used somewhere around 9 skeins of Elann Callista (Cotton/Linen) and size 4 needles. I know the cardigan looks really short, but that could be because I'm wearing a really long shirt underneath it. But I'm also 4'10", so you taller ladies might want to add length to this one.
Despite some problems with the button situation (they're in a weird place and kind of pull - I used a safety pin to hold part of the button band down), I'm very happy with this sweater. It's one of my favorites so far, and I can imagine wearing this one a lot in the future.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...