Wednesday, May 23, 2007

New Socks

I really don't know why it takes me so long to finish socks - in this case it was probably doing the cross-over stitch, which wasn't hard, but definitely fiddly. The yarn is Lorna's Laces, gifted to me by ReluctantMango, who had it left over from a beautiful shawl she made. With my size-5 feet, I had more than enough for a pair of socks. This was my first time using Lorna's Laces, which I've heard so many raves about. I though the colors were exceptional, very saturated and complementary. I've worn them 3 or 4 times, however, and they are getting something like a halo of fiber. I'm sort of concerned about this, since I think it might start obscuring the pattern, and might mean that they won't last as long as more hard-wearing sock yarns. Anyone else have experience with this? Otherwise, I'm very happy with them and look forward to wearing them, oh, in probably November when it finally gets cold enough in New Mexico. Darn you desert, you are thwarting my knitting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...