Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Maryland Sheep and Wool 2007

I was able to get out of the house long enough to experience some serious yarn overload this past weekend. It was my second time to Maryland Sheep and Wool, where I was accompanied by some lovely ladies from my knitting group. Having learned how to improve our experience from last year (i.e. bringing our own lunch!), the girls and I left at 6:30am to get a good parking spot and first dibbs on all the yarn we could catch. I spent nearly three times what I did last year - although considering last year I spent $12, that's not really anything to brag about.

Of course, there were plenty of sheep to go around. I totally need a baby lamb now. I'll keep it in the backyard.

We were such amazing shoppers that we had to sit on a bench and rest to get our energy up again. Here are my knitting buddies, whom I'll miss very much when I move 2000 miles away in only a few weeks.


Here is my personal yarn enhancement. I love, love the Tess designer yarns sock yarn. At $15, it was the most expensive sock yarn that I've ever purchased. But one look at the colors, and I doubt you could turn it down, even if you are not a knitter. I also got some deeply discounted Regia sock yarn and some multi-colored yarn for a big scarf (which I'm sure I won't be needing in the desert.)

Check over on the sidebar to read the accounts of my fellow knitters: ReluctantMango, Yarn Mama, and the SmileSpot.

4 comments:

V said...

Yay! Looks like you all had fun -- wish I could have gone. Maybe next year....

Yarn Mama... said...

I am so glad to have met you! I hope you're able to make it back in our neck of the woods when you can! I will see you next week! :)

reluctantMANGO said...

I'm going to miss you too! I can't thank you enough for getting the Newark Knitters started with me... the group brings me such joy, and an escape from work and stress. Please do stay in touch, and visit anytime!

Jax said...

baaaaaaaa

it was the only intelligent thing I could think to say.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...