Sunday, September 08, 2013

Halloween Wreath

This weekend I hosted my crafty co-workers for a Pinterest Party, which we hold every few months. One of the benefits/perils of an office job is that we spend too much time on Pinterest at work are too busy to pin at work, so all of that inspiration is pent up and eventually explodes in a cloud of glitter and felt.

For my Halloween wreath, I used this Etsy wreath as a jumping off point. Instead of wrapping the wreath form (I used a straw form instead of foam because it was cheaper) in fabric, I used yarn (acrylic yarn, THE HORROR). It probably took about 2 hours just to wrap the wreath, and I'm pretty sure I gave myself the crafting equivalent of tennis elbow in the process.


I bought the felt bat from Michaels, and for the flowers, I used several different tutorials (mostly this and this). Several glue-gun burns later, I had a wreath that I totally love! Fall is my favorite crafting season (and favorite season), so I don't care if it's still 90 degrees out, I'm milking every minute.
 




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...