Thursday, February 17, 2011

Finished: Knotty Gloves

I seem to have an ongoing trend with my knitting, in which I finish seasonal items during an inappropriate season. I now have my first pair of gloves, just in time for it to be 73 degrees. (Not that I'm complaining about that.)

People who don't knit, upon learning that I knit, often ask how long it takes me to finish a project. The answer? I have no idea. I started these gloves in December of 2009, and knit most of them during an insane Lost marathon, in which I watched over 100 episodes in 3 months. Then I stopped because gloves are so. freakin. fiddly. Are you aware, for example, that we have TEN fingers? Look at your hands; you'll think "10? It doesn't really look like all that many." Then, try to do ANYTHING 10 times. Say your name 10 times, fast. Do 10 push-ups. Give birth to 10 children. Still think 10 isn't really all that many?

I do like these gloves. In fact, I might even love them. I have freakishly tiny hands, and never in my life have owned a pair of gloves that actually fit. Usually the figures just curl over at the ends, giving me crazy monkey hands.

The stats: Yarn = Tess Super Sock & Baby (Purchased at MD Sheep & Wool 2009); Pattern = Knotty Gloves (free on Ravelry); Needles = Size 1 double points (from a thrift store, but I think they might be Boye). Raveled here.

Interesting fact: Through these gloves I discovered that what I always believed to be size-2 needles were actually size 1. Twist!

6 comments:

Katie said...

Pretty! Love the color, especially juxtaposed next to your b/w coat!

mick said...

The gloves are lovely (as is your coat!). I'm on the same page with inappropriate knits: I was just thinking today that I should finish up the two giant, woolly sweaters I'm working on. Just in time for spring!

Peppermint Mocha Mama said...

Those are really gorgeous and the photography shows them off perfectly. Well done all the way around!

Charley said...

Great gloves and nice color. I like your coat, too.

Amy Eber Roe said...

Seems like fingerless gloves are all the rage these days...

Holly said...

Wow! What a gorgeous pair of gloves! In the handwear department, I myself only have a pair of fingerless gloves under my belt. The idea of knitting up all. those. little. fingers. makes me break out in a serious sweat. You must have serious patience. Not to mention dexterity. Great job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...