Monday, February 08, 2010

I should have stayed in New Mexico

On Tuesday night, a wet snow was falling, coating every tree branch. I was so enchanted that I went outside very close to my bedtime just to take pictures. Ah, snow, I thought, how romantic and beautiful you are.


On Friday, my office was closed as more snow fell. After a nice sleep, I uncharacteristically made breakfast not consisting of cereal. The name of this breakfast is comically difficult to write in a way that doesn't sound like murder or scandalous pregnancy.

I made a Dutch baby. I baked a Dutch baby? I ate a Dutch baby? Whatever; it was SO GOOD and you should make one for yourself immediately, using this recipe.

On Saturday, I was confronted with this:

The next day, after 3 hours of flinging snow onto piles taller than me, we had successfully unearthed 3 vehicles. And there was much rejoicing.

Projected accumulation is 10-20" for the storm coming tomorrow. We had about 30" this weekend, so if we get the maximum we'll have a total of 50" on the ground. I am 58" tall. I will be sure to wear a brightly colored hat so that you can find me.

8 comments:

joanne said...

i made my first Dutch baby the other day, I had apples I needed to use. It was good.

I did the little "yayyy" in my head from Monty Python after the "there was much rejoicing".

That is alot of snow. But just think, if you didnt live in a cold place, you wouldn't have as much reason to knit.

Nandi said...

You can use one of my hat. :)

muchadored said...

I can't believe how much snow you guys are getting. I lived on the east coast most of my life and I never remember getting anything like this! Out in MI our winter is much tamer. It's like bizarroland!

Kristin J said...

Did you shovel out wearing your warmest hat from your previous post? Certainly looks cooolllld enough. I am cringing for you, it looks like you are getting more white stuff today and tomorrow. The brightly colored hat might be a great idea tomorrow!

Julie said...

The dutch baby looks good, the snow does not. :)

We've gotten more snow here this year than the whole time I've lived in NM. It's supposed to snow here again on Thursday.

reluctantMANGO said...

Wow, you got hit with even more than we did! Hope you make out better this time :)

Amy ER said...

Has all the knitting got your muscles in shape for this kind of snow shoveling? Yeeps.

gretchen said...

Look at that snow! Just made the dutch babys. I have never tried them with vanilla, I normally just make plain popovers. It was very good! Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...