Friday, January 15, 2010

Some Things

1. Someone stole my space at the train station yesterday morning, and then someone stole my locker at the gym. By "my" I mean I've been using the same ones for 8 months and therefore the entire DC metropolitan area should be aware and accommodating. You see, I always use locker 6, and if it's taken, I use locker 12. Today I had to use locker 16! Outrage!

2. Our electric bill for this past month was $300, and we weren't even warm! If I had jacked up the heat so that I could lounge in tropical temperatures I could at least comfort myself with the idea that it was worth it. But no, I eat dinner wearing my down coat and wear a hat constantly, even when I sleep. It takes 3 times as long to change my clothes because I have to wear a minimum of 3 layers.

3. The odometer on my car hit 88,888 miles yesterday. It was probably the most exciting thing that happened to me all week. Am I OCD about numbers? I'm so excited that our anniversary will be on 10-20-2010 this year, and I'm so glad my mom carefully planned (not really) to have me on 5-25, because 5 is the square root of 25. My house number is also a palindrome (and see item #1).

4. Twitter. What's up with Twitter? I understand the basic premise, but the whole # @ thing confuses me. I just think it all should be a little bit more organized.

5. I haven't knit anything in 2 weeks. But, this upcoming weekend includes a bonus day off, so the office printer, Ravelry, and I had a little private time this morning before everyone else showed up to work.

7 comments:

Emily said...

My birthday is 11/22, which I've always appreciated. Too bad I wasn't born in '33 though.

I've never thought about locker numbers before! Going to the gym will never be the same. My lock combo is our "dating" anniversary, but there's nothing much special about that number combo.

muchadored said...

I love everything about this list. Too funny! And I'm the same way about gym lockers; don't they know that I like the top row, corner locker? Jerks!

petunialu said...

being cold is never fun! it takes up so much energy!!! we had to turn our heater on for the first time (we've lived in this apartment for four years) and i dread the gas bill... hope you get warmed up soon!

Heather J. said...

Ok, so, the Twitter thing ... # is called a hashtag and it is used to follow a conversation between lots of Tweeps (twitter people) - ex: #THIB stand for "That's How I Blog", a blog talk radio show - if you are talking about the show, you include #THIB in your Tweet - then you can use the search function to find all Tweets that include #THIB and see what everyone has to say about it

Hope that helps!

PS. About that heating bill ... unfortunately, that is MD for you ... I'm still getting used to it and I've lived her all my life. :)

Heather J. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
joanne said...

i don't really know anything about Twitter either. I think we're past the prime age group for it.

I have been trying to decide what to knit next for a while now. I think it's time I go for a sweater. But I kinda want to do a skirt. And I kinda want to felt something.
Decisions decisions....

Sharon said...

I just found your blog and I have to say that this post is a hoot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...