Saturday, July 18, 2009

Home Improvement: Office

This is probably my favorite room in my house, and one of the reasons why we bought the house. I think this room was originally the master bedroom (it has a full bathroom and skylights), but we are using it as our office. The stairs go up to a loft, which the previous owners converted from an attic.

It's great to finally have most of (notice I didn't say all) my books in one place. Yes, I organized them by color. I like the rainbow effect against the turquoise wall.
My future plans for this room include curtains, a rug in front of the big bookcase, and maybe a different chair and reading lamp. Unfortunately I can't take credit for the wall colors, but I am glad the previous owners did all my work for me!

Next up: the garden.

11 comments:

muchadored said...

Holy cow, I love it! Such a perfect color. It looks like a lovely space to read, get some work done, or just relax.

joanne said...

Looks awesome. I like the color coded books.

Charley said...

That is one beautiful office! I revisited a previous post where you said you keep an inspiration file. Are there particular sites you visit?

petunialu said...

okay. i have to admit the color coded books send chills up my spine-- i'm a librarian. what can i say? but the room looks awesome and comfy! it looks like you are settling in well!

Kristin J said...

How long did it take you to do the books like that? Does the hubby ever mess them up just to play with you? Ha! Very nice room. I really like the box of drawers on your desk.

Amy ER said...

It's a beautiful room. Love that wood floor!

Heather J. said...

LOVE it!

Amy M said...

What a great idea on the rainbowetizing of your books! What an awesome space. Congrats to you and Jason on the new home.

Lolly said...

Gosh - this is just amazingly beautiful. I love what you have done with the place in such a relatively short period. Beautiful room, and I do love that bookcase. That inspires me! :D

Nan said...

I came here from Heather's blog- oh, wow is this ever wonderful. I love it.

Shellie (Layers of Thought) said...

I love the color arranged book shelves. I want to live in your office. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...