Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A House!

Many of you who know me in real life know that WE BOUGHT A HOUSE! Tomorrow is closing, and we are moving in beginning at the end of this week. Yay, massive debt!

If you've been reading along dillgently, you know that I had a lot of plans for my new house, mostly in terms of paint colors. Much to my surprise we found a house that was already painted the exact colors I would have painted it. (Well, the dining area is only yellow, not yellow and teal. But, I'm sure I can find something teal to put in there.) There is not a white wall in the entire house! I'm planning on posting pictures as we get set up and I embark on the many projects that are already brewing in my mind, but I know you want a hint:

Trust me, it'll be more exciting this way. For a while now I have been keeping an inspiration file on my computer, where I save any images I come across that seem worth copying. I'm using this as I scheme. Apparently I like lots of colors, stick trees with few leaves, and collections of small things. Good to know!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sarah,

Just stumbled upon your blog, a quick note to say that I LOVE it and feel totally inspired. Thank you, I have added it to my favourites....

cheers, Eliza

Heather J. said...

congratulations - I know you must be SO excited!

muchadored said...

Yay for you guys! I am so so excited (and totally suffering house envy), and can't wait to see photos. I love your decorating style!

Kristin J said...

I meant to thank you for sending the pics of your house. It looks amazing! Hardwood floors?? So pretty. I am so happy for you both. And I really can't wait to see what projects you have up your sleeve. Keep us posted!

reluctantMANGO said...

YAY for homeownership! Can't wait to see what you do with the place :)

Veronica said...

Hooray! I can't wait to see what you do with the place.

(Also I got your letter today and am saving it for the plane ride tomorrow morning!)

Amy said...

Excellent! You + house painted in your color scheme = automatic sale. (Not sure where to put your husband in this equation!)

joanne said...

I like your inspiration pictures. I especially like the second row, second picture of the birds in the tree.

Congratulations on being colorful home owners!

Katie said...

Hope the closing went smoothly! Can't wait to hear more about your new home. And I love your inspiration images - I need to start doing more of that!

Patience said...

Yay! Congrats on the new house!!! I wish you and hubby much happiness in it. That the colors are already what you want just makes it seem "meant to be," no? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...