Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Fun with Photography

This Christmas tree was the bargain of the century. We bought it last year after Christmas for $8 (marked down from $79.99). We also bought most of the ornaments for 90% off, and then bought a few more this week from the dollar store. That's how I like to roll.

I set out to photograph the tree, but most of the pictures were boring. Blah fake tree, blah ornaments, blah lights. This sparkly ornament came out alright.

THEN... I kicked up the exposure time. This is what Christmas tree pictures should look like!

And this is what it might look like if the tree was on fire:

I'll be gone for the next 2 weeks on my holiday visiting travels. I will be expecting freshly-baked cookies upon my return.

7 comments:

muchadored said...

Have fun and Merry Christmas!

Veronica said...

This makes me want to put my own tree up, pronto!

And you should definitely make those socks - super simple texture pattern and close enough to cables without making the sock too lumpy.

knittinandnoodlin said...

BEST Christmas tree photos ever! Happy travels!

Kristin J said...

The tree photos look good. Drunken good. Been hittin' the old egg nog a little early this year huh? Trying to pass it off as art? Yeah, that's how I roll.

joanne said...

Have a good trip. See you in the fall. haha

I have not put a tree or anything else up yet, though this will be the first year I do, since it will be the first year that I am not a) in chicago or b) in an rv in the hospital parking lot.

The other thing about living in the boonies is the lack of being able to go to day after christmas clearance sales. Someday....

petunialu said...

yay for christmas trees! ours is not up yet, but SOON! My husband has his Ph. D comps tomorrow, so our holiday spirit is a bit delayed (as soon a that test is over BAM! it will be Christmas!!!)

Travel safely!

Susan said...

Have a great trip with lots of fun & food!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...