Monday, February 19, 2007

Two-in-One

I present to you a before and after. Before:

Yeah, it makes me look fat, just admit it. I did, which is why I took it out and re-knitted it into a fabulous sweater I'll actually wear!


(Picassa has some fun filters to play with.) Vastly improved, no? The yarn is KnitPicks Merino Style on size 9s, and the pattern is a motified version of the Minisweater. Also, you may notice that I have a new hat!

The pattern is Grumperina's Odessa, in some soft yarn I can't remember the name of . . . Katmandu something? I used a size 6 circular, and probably should have gone down a size for the ribbing, but oh well. I love how the beads turned out, but man were they annoying to push down the yarn the entire time I was knitting this (you have to string them all on beforehand.)

3 comments:

V said...

Those both look great!

I'm sorry I've fallen off the face of the earth... I can't make it to knitting because of class. But we'll have to meet up sometime!

reluctantMANGO said...

Beautiful! The sweater definitely fits you better, very flattering! And the hat... yum! I can't wait until my beaded scarf class in two weeks. The hat looks great!

Dove Knits said...

While it's hard to make you look fat, the refitted sweater does work much better. Love it! The hat, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...