Friday, April 28, 2006

Aloe drink

A few weeks ago I discovered culinary heaven. A combination farmer's market/Mexican/Korean grocery store in the same building as a cell phone store, Caribbean restaurant and sword merchant. (The Newark Farmer's Market - a horribly deceiving name.) The prices there are so cheap, that I have a hard time spending enough money there. They have a $10 minimum on credit card purchases (I'll ignore the fact that that's illegal for now), so I wandered trying to find things to buy. $1.00 for five pounds of potatoes, $.25 bananas . . . it doesn't really add up. I get to the register, and my total is $9.21. "Can't I just use a card for that?," I ask. Nope, the non-English-speaking checker tells me - I figure it would just be easier to buy something else than to argue with her over 80 cents. So I reach for the closest thing. This.

Aloe drink. See the floaties? Should I drink this? Ingredients: Pure water, aloe vera gel, fructose, honey, cirteic acid, calcium lactate, vitamin c, stabilizer, natural flavoring content of aloe vere gel - 10%. (All those ingredients are spelled like they are on the bottle - aloe vere gel? Cirteic acid? There's no such thing. I checked.) If they couldn't even spell the ingredients correctly, should I drink something that has the potential to kill me? I did see someone else buy it. The outcome is still pending.

Lest you think I'm slacking off on my knitting, I'm not. I'm just writing a paper this week. Accompanied by an almost finished pair of socks.

3 comments:

jxn said...

If you had a sunburn on the inside, I'd definitely drink it.

V said...

Yay socks!

I was over at our neighbors' earlier and they had an aloe drink. I'll try to find out more about it for you.

I'll try and remember to show up to knitting tomorrow night, too....

monkeyongriddle said...

DRINK IT! on my last trip to chicago, i came across this amazing beverage in a small middle eastern fast food joint. it was so good, ive been contemplating making the 5 hour trip just to stock up. your lucky its so easy for you to get!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...