Monday, September 26, 2005

Blocking it All Out

The fabulous Shannon Banks has a brand-spankin'-new online newspaper column! Way to go putting that English degree to work! Checkout her wittiness at:

http://www.jacksonville.com/community/cc/barefoot/

As they say, and now for something completely different. Am I un-American for hating iPods? Especially the tiny shiny pink ones? Is it totally necessary to be listening to Britney Spears while blindly dashing across major intersections? Apparently, it is required of all undergrads at my state-university-that-shall-not-be-named-but-you-can-probably-figure-it-out to have some sort of electronic equipment permanently attached to one's head, be it a cell phone or any music-producing device. The Britney Spears reference was not arbitrary: I actually heard a conversation involving a seemingly grown person saying, "I used to like Britney Spears but I totally don't anymore." At that moment I said to myself, "Self, I must get out my cell phone! I just remembered I need to talk to someone urgently about my sudden repultion with Paris Hilton's tiny dog! This is a matter that cannot possibly wait!"

Excuse me while I put my earphones back on. Maroon 5 is much more interesting than the train whistle anyway.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...