Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Living/Dining Room


For months after we moved in, this room was completely empty. (Well, empty aside from the empty boxes and old furniture I was trying to sell on craigslist.) I tend to have a very exact picture of the furniture I want, and have a totally unrealistic price I want to pay for it. But, we now have a couch (bought on sale!), a table (on sale!), a side table and lamp, and chairs ($20 on craigslist, but still need to be painted). The "coffee table" is two of the $13 tables from Ikea, acting as a stand-in until we can get a real table. I like this one from Pottery Barn, but not for $400.

We also need a chair, and I like this one from Room and Board, but once again, I'm not paying more for a chair than we paid for the whole couch.See the nook over by the door? Ideally I'd like a bench, to make sort of a foyer/entrance area. Then I would like the furniture fairy to pay for it and deliver it to the house for free.

7 comments:

Kristin J said...

Beautiful!!! Your white carpet is making me cringe because I'm so clumsy and spill things everywhere. I'm guessing you are more graceful and careful because it looks gorgeous. I really love the colors you have chosen for the walls and accents on the couch.

joanne said...

love the colors as well.

tell the furniture fairy she can get her lazy butt over here when she is done with you. I've got a list for her.

Jax said...

Looks really great!

Rachiella said...

That's really pretty!! I LOVE the couch, haha. (: And the lamp... :3

Amy ER said...

Warm, inviting, interesting, and SO not kid proof. Looks great!

reluctantMANGO said...

When you get a chance, email me with the names/brands of your colors - we've been looking for the perfect red, and it seems you've found it (not that I'm surprised)! Your room looks so warm and welcoming - I could walk in there with a knitting project and a book and not leave for days :)

muchadored said...

This looks so lovely! I love the warmth of the colors you chose, combined with the neutral sofa. How inviting.

And if you're looking for a bench, I often see some very cool ones at worldmarket for super sale. It might be a good resource!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...