Sunday, October 25, 2009

Two Socks

Recently I finished two socks - unfortunately they aren't a pair. I've never had a problem with "second sock syndrome" before, but man, has it hit like the plague. I'm not even feeling motivated to finish these two pairs, I just want to start a new pattern!

First is my Catherine sock. I'm using Knitpicks Essential, which is nice and soft despite its price. We'll see how it holds up to my diabolical machine washing and drying routine.

I also finished one super-sock, which probably has the stitch count of a pair because I'm using size 0 needles. The yarn is Schoeller+Stahl Fortissima Socka Cotton Color. I decided to do a basic toe-up pattern here so that I could use up all of the yarn - I divided the yarn in half and just knit until I ran out.

Also, I took these pictures of my own foot without using a self-timer. Let's just say I have very good balance.

6 comments:

Amy ER said...

Nothing saying your two socks have to match. Wear one on each foot! Unless they are right/left specific? Very fine work.

muchadored said...

Cute socks! And also, way impressive balance.

Emily said...

I have been washing and drying KnitPicks Essential for years. They look totally the same! It's a really hard-wearing yarn.

Kristin J said...

You shouldn't beat yourself up for not being able to finish a pair. You finished a sock!! Celebrate that. Those suckers look super hard, I am really impressed.

Jax said...

The first thing I noticed was the first picture and how well the color of the sock went with the color of the wall. Knowing you, that was not by accident.

joanne said...

#1 Here at the lodge gift store they sell a pair of socks that are different, albeit not THAT different but still, you could start a trend!

#2 Is that self striping yarn? If not you have way more patience than me. I hate color changes

#3 also, using size 0 needles requires WAYYYY more patience than I have. good for you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...