Thursday, June 08, 2006

Missed me?

After finishing my first year of grad school you didn't really expect me to hang around, did you? Two days later I set off on a 1100-mile tour of everyone I know on the east coast, from Alexandria to Williamsburg to North Carolina's outer banks to Charlottesville. Since I didn't make my usual 2,000 mile drive to the Southwest this year, I really needed some road time.

In North Carolina (Emerald Isle specifically) I frolicked on the beach with a park ranger friend and drank extremely large margaritas at a very tasty Mexican restaurant with a flirty waiter. I also got in some thrift store shopping, which involved a tense moment outside the fitting room with a transvestite. (The story is not as interesting as I'm making it seem, so let's just leave it at that.)


In Alexandria I saw my elementary/middle school/college friend who has just returned from two years in the Peace Corps in Mongolia. In addition to smelly sheep vests, she brought this with her:


That's mussik, still in her drugged-on-the-plane state. Right before she decided that my head was the best place to sleep.

I then had to visit my own kitty, who is much too furry for her own good.


I also visited my former college roommate, her husband, and their 8-month old boy, who I can tell was much appreciative of the sweater I knit him. Unfortunately (or fortunately), he has extremely tall parents who have passed their size onto him, and he'll probably outgrow the sweater before cold weather. (And that's why they should have more children!)


(Knitty stuff: Pattern is from Weekend Knitting, yarn is Scooter (some kind of cotton from the sale bin at the yarn store), on size 5s)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...