Sunday, July 13, 2014

Finished: Baby Tea Leaves

Over the years, I've seen the same pattern time and time again. The author of a blog I've been devotedly reading has a baby, and all of sudden posting grinds to a halt. I certainly don't blame them; but it did make me slightly terrified that having a baby would completely wipe out my knitting time and I would never have time to read another book.

Not true, my friends! I am pleasantly surprised at the time I still have for knitting and reading. I probably have plenty of sewing time as well, but I'm reluctant to go down into the craft bunker in the windowless basement after 8pm. I have been fairly productive and completed many projects, but the reason why blogging doesn't happen has to do with when this free time occurs. After Mary is in bed and the chores are done, it's usually 7:30 or 8:00, making the light conditions for photography less than desirable. Plus, 99% of the time, I'd rather do the thing rather than write about doing the thing, you know?

I'm currently working on Mary's winter wardrobe, because, I'm not sure if you're aware of this, babies grow really quickly. I made the Baby Tea Leaves sweater in size 12-18 months, in Malabrigo Arroyo. It used all but the tiniest bit of the skein, which was perfect. I really love this color, which of course I can't remember the name of. Malabrigo is my dream yarn in general, and I want all of it in all colors, forever and always.


Did you know there is an adult version of this pattern? Because I want it for myself now too.


I made one modification to the pattern, which was to add buttons all the way down the front (as written, there are only 2 buttons at the top.)

Did I mention the yarn? Just look at it! All of those subtle colors...


Full circle, the blog isn't going away. I don't have masses of readers to please (if you are reading this, you are probably related to me) and I make zero dollars from it. Postings might be few and far between, but I'm still out here, knitting, always knitting. And occasionally this baby wants me to pay attention to her:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...